Thursday, November 13, 2008

Notes from the Bridal Brain - revisited

A girlfriend of mine from college is getting married next week and it has really got me thinking about how much life and your view of it changes with time. I recall my girlfriend and I sitting and talking about how the guys we were dating at the time were never going to get on the ball and ask us to marry them. Yet years later, I am married to someone else and she is FINALLY marrying the guy she was with all those years ago. I must say I am celebrating her victory over getting what she wanted as well.

Which had me thinking about what I felt like just before I got married. I came across a blog I wrote on myspace, it made me laugh out loud so I had to share.


Ok so we’re 18 days out and my intelligence level is gone. I misplaced my cell phone the other day and found it in a shoe, because when you are getting married in less than a month that’s the best place to keep your cell. I almost walked out of the house in my slippers on my way to work. Can not recall what day it is and what I have scheduled for my work day. Thank goodness I write everything on my calendar. And it takes approximately an hour to send a customer a sales quote, because I get sidetracked every two minutes and cannot recall what it is I was doing in the first place. Well, today takes the cake, pardon the pun, but the Publix I believe to have ordered my wedding cake from has never heard of me or my cake and says I must have ordered it from another location. Well, as organized as I normally tend to be this does not apply to my wedding. The cake order is somewhere in my room, where exactly, I have no clue. All I can tell you is that I ordered it from a Publix in Alpharetta, what kind of cake it was and the name of the road is "something" bridge. Well, guess what there are exactly 5 Publix locations meeting that description…….No worries. I’ll figure it out, but it is rather odd how absentminded I have become. If I leave my desk for something, I have to say exactly what I am going after in order to make it to my destination and back with the desired item otherwise I will forget why I left my desk in the first place. Getting married has reduced me to being a flake.

In other news, this wedding has also brought out an interesting side in people around me. Casual friends are willing to do anything and everything to help make the day smooth whereas friends I have known for years seem to have had something happen. While one has a REALLY good excuse, I just don’t know about the rest. I suppose everyone enters a time when you find out who your friends are or that your friendship has changed. Don’t get me wrong, my friendship is not measured in who does or does not attend my wedding….. But, I just don’t know. ………After all people come in and out of your life for a reason…… I suppose time will tell once I move to South Carolina.

Today's Song
Jordan Sparks "One Step at a Time"


No comments: