Thursday, March 12, 2009

Coming out of the “Twilight” zone….


Going room to room of the disaster area, one would wonder, ‘what on earth happened here?’ ……………………… unfolded laundry is piled up on top of the dryer……… The disgusting unmapped kitchen floor pales in comparison with the science project in the sink filled with unwashed dishes. The remnants of last nights midnight pizza remain on the counter top. Upon entering the master bath, it appears that a small animal has died in the bath tub and the smell of the unclean turns up my nose.

Did someone die? Should we mark the home unsuitable for all human life and small pets?

As I emerge from my "Twilight" induced coma, I realized how much I put my life on hold simply to read a book. Sad, I know, but I miss it a little. My girlfriend in Atlanta lent the book to me last weekend and I have been going at it almost non-stop. I neglected wifely duties, rush through making Ken’s lunch every morning, and woke up early all in the name of devouring every word as fast as my brain can process.

I really enjoy the character of Edward. (sigh) I liked his worldly knowledge and envied Bella for getting to know him. I liked Bella as well, however her clumsiness frustrates me. I won’t going into detail for the sake of not spoiling the book for those who have not read it. And don’t get me started on the brief part of the next book I was able to read. Let’s just say, for the sake of my marriage and career….its a good thing the second book is still in Atlanta and I cannot pick it up until the end of the month.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Haha I'm coming out of the "twilight zone" too! I just can't get enough of it!!

Rachel said...

Bad news my friend...each ones gets better AND longer! You will become an addict. I've finished all four and quite frankly - I miss them! I however, am I staunch supporter of TEAM JACOB.

E @ Scottsville said...

I think you're all weird! Lindsey & Rachel included. {{just teasing gals}}

I am just NOT a reader. And somehow, I bet if I picked up those books, I'd be hooked. That's why I won't pick them up. A friend of mine read them all and she did it just as fast and furiously. Drover her hubby crazy til she was done. ha ha ha

Go see the movie, K!

mom2boys said...

It is very addicting.When i was finished with all the books, I felt a little sad that there was no more. I can only hope that Stephenie Meyer decides to finish and publish Midnight Sun( which is from Edward's point of view).I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it so much.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

LOL, I did the same thing. I heart Edward. I really, truly do.