Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Buying into your own dreams

I have been described as ………………….. Hard Working ……………. Creative ………. Wonderful ……………. Kind …………. Trustworthy ……….. Honest …… Polite …………. Outgoing ……………. Strong willed ………….. Caring ………. A good friend ………… Selfless .......... and many others. However the opposite of all these adjectives are true as well. Only most times, only God knows about them. I am a planner which is an advantage and a disadvantage. I can make plans well, but without seeing results I am sometimes easily distracted. I have been praying about a life change I dearly want, and God is answering. But, I came to the realization yesterday that I have become lazy. My trust in God taking care of my needs has increased, but at some point I stopped doing the work I was supposed to do. I allowed my fear of putting my all into something and failing dictate my current inaction. God can not be the only one working.

So, now its time to buy into my own dreams, build a plan and follow through with it. So, I realize that I need to remain in my current job and give it my all. God isn’t finished teaching me a few lessons. Through struggle there is growth as well. The work plan, is to get on a schedule, get organized again, and follow through with working hard and following up. My event planning plan is still in the works. I found a certificate program where I matriculated originally. It is a 300 hours course (Ugh!!! Better dust and tap into the student within.) and a very good one at that. They cover everything from event planning, owning your own business, accounting, ethnic wedding traditions, bridal gown fashion trends and running a booth at a bridal show. And the best part is that I have others buying into my dream. As much as I wish I could careless about what other people think……. I work best surrounded by people to bounce ideas off of and sad to say I also need my own little cheerleading section.

Here we go….

BE AGGRESSIVE
BE – BE – AGGRESSIVE
B-E ….A – G – G – R- E- S- S- I – V – E
AGGRESSIVE!!!!!

That said I plan to be much more aggressive in learning the skills God wishes me to learn and working hard toward our common goal.

Back to the job I get paid for currently.

No comments: