Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Chasing will soon lead to catching dreams



Ok so those of you whom have been with me for a while know that I am on a mission to take event planning from my side job to my full time job, right? And my “other” blog is Notes from the Bridal Brain so named due to a blog I posted on Myspace only a few short months away from my own wedding. With that said…….the event planning career pursuit has become an obsession. What can I say, I’ve known what I wanted to be when I grew up for a while and for some reason on the eve of ( my 31st) the tenth anniversary of my 21st birthday…..making the leap of faith is all I can think about. My lunch breaks are being spent blogging about weddings, reading wedding books, learning about marketing for events careers, visiting Brides and The Knot……to be honest, I’m not sure I was this obsessed when I was planning my own wedding. I even dream weddings and event planning.

(sigh) I’d ask if there’s wedding planners anonymous, but I’m not sure I want it to stop. Yesterday, I designed my logo! LOL. Which by the way…..I might need your opinion on that later, because I designed a few I like. A few months ago, I asked God for the perfect event planning career to find me by my birthday. I would be most comfortable working for someone whom has been in the business forever so I may learn. I need an event planning yoda to take me under their wing. Ideally, at some point I want to own an events facility. I’ve been in contact with our local Chamber of Commerce and saving up for my membership, after all life isn’t always what you know, but who you know. This is the dream I’ve been chasing and I’m determined to catch it by May 8th and begin my “labor of love” by June 8th.

LOL. What have you wanted in life so bad you could taste it?

4 comments:

E @ Scottsville said...

Oh, I would SOOOOOO love to have my own photography studio/business. FULL TIME! I would LOVE IT.

Yet, here I sit - working at a tax office. Doing something I don't "love". Oh well.... At least I get to freelance on the side. Have another shoot on Saturday as a matter of fact. =0)

E @ Scottsville said...

Hey, how about we go into business together. I'll move your way, and I'll learn to photograph weddings and events! =0)

Lindsey said...

I want to move to Hawaii and be a wedding planner there!

The Other K Wick said...

E come on over to SC and start your career as a wedding photog.

Lindsey Hawaii would be great.. Oh the wonderful weddings to be planned there.