Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Projects

Yay, for Spring. Here at the Barbie mansion (lol. aka the S&K Wick house), spring is a time for outdoor projects. Ken loves to stay busy creating things. Whereas, I enjoy gardening, landscaping, and crafts. I can normally use his need to keep busy to my advantage by way of giving him projects that I need for landscaping. Here is what we have been up to. However, it turned out to be a good thing that I have not planted the veggies yet. We have a frost warning tonight.


The flower boxes Ken made and the tulips. They were in full bloom while I was in Atlanta.



The garden with new fence (again having Ken for a hubby has many perks.)



Our pond that needs to be redone. Scooter likes to play mountain goat and knocked rocks off. Oddly enough two of the three fish are still alive.



New birdhouse Ken made for me. He's so handy.



Birdbath and new azalea bushes (Thanks to my mother-in-law) which have been Scooter-proofed. He is such a good helper puppy that he helps rearrange the garden.



New plants!!!! Yay!!!



The Uppies enjoy a spring day.

5 comments:

E @ Scottsville said...

Hey, I have an idea! Why don't you come do my yard, too! Every spring we do 'something' out in our flower beds and EVERY year the multitude of new kittens destroys it all. So...... I have no desire to go through that once again with TWO NEW LITTERS already being born in our household. Stupid cats.

Lindsey said...

Whoa your house is gorgeous! Love the porch!!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Wow, beautiful!!!

The Shabby Princess said...

It all looks so pretty! I love your porch--and your backyard is just gorgeous! Can you do my house??

The Other K Wick said...

Thanks ladies. I love home decor and gardening.