Tuesday, January 20, 2009

SNOW in the South

I'm a Midwestern transplant by way of Georgia. So for me, this is NOT snow!
Last night all the schools in our area were canceled for today. Can you believe it?! For the readers in the North, who might be curious how Southerns can get so worked up over so little snow......... salt trucks are few and far between here and the locals do NOT know how to drive in it. It is not unheard of for there to be a rush on Milk, bread and beer with the threat of snow. After living almost half my life in the South I still don't know why this is. So, my dear Southern readers, please shed some light on this.

I must say the sight of snow did bring out the kid in me. I was SO excited with visions of snow angels and snowmen dancing in my head. Fond memories of home. (sniff, sniff).

The uppy puppy wasn't sure what to do with this new white wet stuff. Proving just how spoiled he is....he was carried out to potty. Yes, I know....... I am SO sad. There I was in my UGA sweatshirt, black yoga pants (not that I've done yoga in months, but you never know when I might break into warrior pose.), and my slippers trying to convince my little man that snow was ok. Of course I just HAD to grab my camera for the uppy pup's first snow. Gizzie was nonplussed over the snow as she was born in MN. The uppies were having so much fun, that they woke up "Daddy" by bouncing on his head. This sent me into a fit of laughter. I was unable to get any "good" picture of the "Puppy's first snow encounter".
Ken taught the uppy to eat snow. Mr. Uppiness has range his bell every 30 minute since. Sadly, all our snow was gone by noon. Such is life here in SC. The uppies are snuggled next to me on the couch as we watch the new Pres. take office. (More on that tomorrow, unless I have something else on my mind.)

So, I ask you, what is your favorite snow activity?

No comments: