Friday, February 27, 2009

Landlocked and dreaming of white sand beaches......


Yes, I know it’s Friday (thank goodness!!!) and normally I blog about my fur babies, but they are at home with the puppy daddy.

Last night, I could not sleep after returning to my parent’s house (coffee after 5pm, rich food and two martinis with my friends at the Cheesecake Factory, turned on the tv….) and I have no clue why. HGTV’s International House Hunters (my obsession), a show I watch from time to time was on and they were in Belize. It was a couple from Texas who up and decided they wanted to move to Belize….(oh how jealous was I!) So, they are look for a nice little home ($1.8 mil) to settle down and raise a family. (I’m sorry and you do WHAT for a living at only 36, that you are buying a $1.8 million dollar home ….in BELIZE!? Could you PLEASE adopt me….Ken won’t mind, really.) Then I flip to Travel Channel Top 10 I am completely longing for a vacation somewhere beautiful!

Ken and I bought into a vacation club/ roaming timeshare during our honeymoon (reasons not to have several mimosa with breakfast) ……Not the best idea since he stopped taking a salary two months later, but whatever. God is taking care of us. I haven’t been on the beach or out of the country in almost a year and I feel landlocked. Yes, I have been stalking vacation websites during lunch and dreaming about when we can afford plane tickets.

If you could be anywhere right now vacation wise, where would you be? I decided last night I’d be in Belize.


Yep this is also Belize. Amazing diving there.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Ooooh! Fun! I'd be Christmasing in New York or taking a fall road trip through New England!

E @ Scottsville said...

Oh man, I'd go to...

Aruba, Jamaica...
Bermuda, Bahama...
Key Largo, Montigo...
Kokomo!

Can ya hear the song yet? I have never been to an island or seen a tropical place. I can hardly wait to someday be able to afford to. BUT if you know "my story" (its on the side of my blog) you'll know that we started off our marriage with two little boys, so we've never been 'just us'. Enjoy it while you can!

Claudine said...

Oh I'd love to go to the Carribeans and I can't wait to be going home to the Philippines!

BTW, I gave you an award at my blog!

Unknown said...

The Cheesecake Factory rocks! We have just one here in Hawaii and the wait is ridiculous if you don't get there by about 3:30 pm. Sounds like you had fun!